This is the most simple-to-make and basic recipes. It’s perfect for when you don’t have much in your fridge and want a lovely, warming soup. Best served with warm crusty bread and lots of butter!
Broccoli and Potato Soup
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g broccoli (cut into florets)
- 200g potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic (roughly chopped)
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 chilli (roughly chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- Put a large saucepan on a medium-heat heat and pour in the olive oil.
- Then add in the onion, garlic and chilli and cook for 3 minutes, until softened.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add in the potatoes and broccoli.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or under the potatoes are softened. Make sure that the broccoli is not over cooked at this stage, or it will lose some of its flavour.
- Liquidise the soup and then return to the pan. Heat for 5 minutes and season to taste.
Leave a Reply