Smoked salmon is a favourite treat of mine and it really brightens up a salad. The big flavours in this salad are the salmon, creamy avocado and zesty lemon dressing, with a hint of sweetness from the dill. There’s also a good mixture of different textures in there, with the toasted sunflower seeds and the crunchy spinach.
I like to make this salad the evening before, then Matt and I will both take it for lunch the following day. It’s got enough energy to keep you going all afternoon and contains a great amount of protein and fibre whilst still being super low in carbs – so basically, the perfect healthy lunch!
- 1 avocado, fresh removed and cut into cubes
- 100g smoked salmon, cut into bitesize pieces
- 70g spinach, washed and torn
- 15g dill, roughly chopped
- 20g sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp black pepper.
- Start by placing a skillet on a medium-high heat and throwing in the sunflower seeds. Toast them for around 40 seconds-1 minute, until they start to brown a little, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, throw in the avocado, smoked salmon, spinach, dill and sunflower seeds (once they have cooled). Give the salad a good mix..
- In a small jug, pour in the olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper. That's your salad dressing done!
- Serve the salad in a large salad bowl and drizzle over as much salad dressing as you want!